Tree pruning is the cutting or removal of branches or parts of trees for improving the shape or growth of trees, and is the most common maintenance procedure.
Branch Creek Tree Services can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance and safety of your trees.
Pruning techniques include:
- eliminating tree branches that rub against each other;
- removal of tree branches that interfere with service wires, buildings, gutters, roofs, or windows;
- removal of tree branches for vehicle and pedestrian clearance;
- removal of dead or weak tree branches that pose a hazard, or may lead to decay;
- removal of diseased or insect-infested tree branches;
- creating better structure to lessen wind resistance and reduce the potential for storm damage;
- training the growth of young trees;
- removal of tree branches damaged by adverse weather conditions;
- removal of tree branches, or thinning of tree branches to increase light penetration;
- improving the shape of the tree.